MyGet 2016.1 Release Notes
MyGet 2016.1 was released on February 12, 2016.
This 2016.1 release of MyGet again adds some new functionality to the service. Major highlights of this release are:
- our new MyGet Symbols Services offering,
- our new support for building and hosting Visual Studio Extensions,
- and the implementation of NuGet v3 support.
This means, from now on, you can now also use MyGet to host your symbols, publicly or secured.
MyGet (all plans)
The following applies to all MyGet plans:
- MyGet Symbols Services!
- Support for building and hosting VisualStudio Extensions (VSIX Support)
- NuGet: support for v3 feeds
- NuGet: modify NuGet package description and release notes before pushing upstream
- NuGet: improved support for localized satellite packages
- Bower: support for Bower binary packages
- npm: support for NPM scopes
- MyGet Gallery: we now show the total download count for each feed in the gallery (as well as on your MyGet feed details page)
- Package Sources: support for Dropbox!
- Package Sources: quick-access to your other MyGet feeds using feed presets
- Package Sources: support for BitBucket API v2.0 and switch to OAuth 2.0
- Support multiple simultaneous package uploads through the web site
- Feed details page now also displays the readme from its GitHub repository (provided the repository is public)
- We will now notify feed owners when they are about to reach their subscription quota, so you can anticipate and act before hitting your limits
MyGet (paid plans)
Obviously all paid plans also get the enhancements made available on the free plan. The following applies to the MyGet Starter and Professional plans:
- Security: Feed privilege claim tokens now expire after 15 days when unused
- Billing: we now allow for yearly billing to reduce the administrative overhead of billing cycles
The enterprise plan has all functionality from the paid subscription plans, and more! The following applies only to the MyGet Enterprise plan:
- Support for restricting feed creation to administrators only
MyGet Build Services
- Support for explicitly publishing artifacts using service messages
- Support for BitBucket API v2.0 and switch to OAuth 2.0
- Support for xUnit v2.0
- Support GitLab POST hooks
- Performance improvements in build hook payload parsers
- Web Hooks: new Build Queued web hook
- New option: toggle access to build log for feed consumers
- Various performance improvements in the web site
- Bower: license analysis now also checks Bower package licenses
- Usernames on feed security page now link to the user profile page
- npm: proxy dist-tags from upstream when available
- Fixed a bug where in some cases uploading a ZIP file Bower package threw an exception
- Fixed a bug where in some cases pushing an npm package upstream to npmjs.com failed
- Fixed a bug where editing a package source was not possible when the package source is unavailable
We love hearing from you, so keep that feedback coming! MyGet is built for you!